The Municipal Accounting Office shall take charge both the Accounting and Internal Audit Services, prepares and submits financial statements & maintains record of journal vouchers and individual ledgers for official and employees of the Municipality.
|Head of Office||Contact Number||Citizen’s Charter|
|Honalee A. Ducao, CPA||09261218567||Download/View|
The Office of the Municipal Accountant envisioned to be more systematic equipped with modern systems and facilities towards a complet, accurate and timely recording and reporting of transactions of the agency the latest PPSAS System.
To provide reliable and timely financial information through an effective accounting and internal control systems ensuring transparent operations and accountability achieving an effective delivery of public service.
As mandated under Section 474 of the Republic Act. No. 7160 otherwise
known as the Local Governance Code of 1991, Accounting Office shall take charge of the following:
(1) Install and maintain an internal audit system in the local government unit concerned;
(2) Prepare and submit financial statements to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, and to the sanggunian concerned;
(3) Appraise the sanggunian and other local government officials on the financial condition and operations of the local government unit concerned;
(4) Certify to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
(5) Review supporting documents before preparation of vouchers to determine completeness of requirements;
(6) Prepare statements of cash advances, liquidation, salaries, allowances, reimbursements and remittances pertaining to the local government unit;
(7) Prepare statements of journal vouchers and liquidation of the same and other adjustments related thereto;
(8) Post individual disbursements to the subsidiary ledger and index cards;
(9) Maintain individual ledgers for officials and employees of the local government unit pertaining to payrolls and deductions;
(10) Record and post in index cards details of purchased furniture, fixtures, and equipment, including disposal thereof, if any;
(11) Account for all issued requests for obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto;
(12) Prepare journals and the analysis of obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto; and
(13) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be provided by law or ordinance.