This page will be updated soon.
|Head of Office||Contact Number||Citizen’s Charter|
|Jeanne G. Pulmones, CE, MPA||09703795924||Download/View|
To become the premier Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office.
To build Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management and Climate Change Adaptation capabilities with our partners and coordinate response and recovery operations in order to protect the people, environment, and economy and ensure a disaster-resilient community.
Mandates and Functions
Republic Act No. 10121 “An act strengthening the Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction Management System, providing for the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Framework and Institutionalizing the National Disaster Reduction and Management Plan, appropriating Funds therefor and other purposes”.
Sec 12 Define, Local Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (LDRRMO). – (c) The Provincial, City, and Municipal DRRMOs or BDRRMCs shall perform the following functions with impartiality given the emerging challenges brought by disasters of our times:
- Design programs and coordinate disaster risk reduction and management activities consistent with the National Councils’ standards and guidelines;
- Facilitate and support risk assessment and contingency planning activities at the local level;
- Consolidate local disaster risk information which includes natural hazards, vulnerabilities, and climate change risks and maintain a local risk map;
- Organize and conduct training orientation and knowledge management activities on disaster risk reduction and management at the local level;
- Operate a multi-hazard early warning system, linked to disaster risk reduction to provide accurate and timely advice to national or local emergency response organizations and to the general public through diverse mass media, particularly radio, landline communications and technologies for communication within rural communities;
- Formulate and implement a comprehensive and integrated LDRRMP in accordance with the national, regional and provincial framework and policies on disaster risk reduction in close coordination with the local development Councils (LDCs)
- Prepare and submit to the Local sanggunian through LDRRMC and the LDC the annual LDRRMO Plan and budget, the proposed programming of the LDRRMF, other dedicated disaster risk reduction and management resources, and other regular fundings sources and budgetary support of the LDRRMO/BDRRRMC;
- Conduct continuous disaster monitoring and mobilize instrumentalities and entities of the LGUs, CSOs, Private groups and organized volunteers, to utilize their facilities and resources for the protection and preservation of life and properties during emergencies in accordance with existing policies and procedures;
- Identify, assess, and manage the hazards, vulnerabilities, and risks that may occur in their locality;
- Disseminate information and raise public awareness, about those hazards, vulnerabilities, and risks, their nature, effects early warning signs and countermeasures;
- Identify and implement cost-effective risk reduction measures/strategies;
- Maintain a database of human resources, equipment, directories, and location of critical infrastructures and their capacities such as hospital and evacuation centers;
- Develop, strengthen and operationalize mechanisms for partnership or networking with private sectors, CSOs, and volunteers groups;
- Take all necessary steps on a continuing basis to maintain, provide, or arrange the provision of, or to otherwise make available, suitably trained and competent personnel for effective civil defense and disaster risk reduction and management in its area;
- Organize, train, equip and supervise the local emergencies response teams and the ACDVs, ensuring that humanitarian aid workers are equipped with basics skills to assist mothers to breastfeed;
- Respond to and manage the adverse effects of emergencies and carry out recovery activities in the affected area, ensuring that there is an efficient mechanism for immediate delivery of food, shelter and medical supplies for women and children, endeavor to create a special place where internally-displaced mothers can find help with breastfeeding, feed and care for their babies and give support to each other;
- Within its area, promote and raise public awareness of and compliance with this act and legislative provisions relevant to the purpose of this act;
- Serve as the secretariat and executive arm of the LDRRMC;
- Coordinate other disaster risk reduction and management activities;
- Establish linkage/network with other LGU for disaster risk reduction and emergency response purposes;
- Recommend through the LDRRMC the enactment of local ordinances consistent with the requirements of this Act;
- Implement policies, approved plans and programs of the LDRRMC consistent with the policies and guidelines laid down in this act;
- Establish a Provincial/City/Municipal/Barangay Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Operations Centers;
- Prepare and submit, through the LDRRMC and the LDC, the report on the utilization of the LDRRMF and other dedicated disaster Risk
- Reduction and Management resource regional director of the OCD and the Local Government Operations officers of the DILG; and
- Act on other matters that may be authorized by the LDRRMC.
Regular Programs and Projects
To be updated soon.
To be updated soon.