- Approve ordinances and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective municipal government
- General and maximize the use of resources and revenues for the development plans, program objectives and priorities of the municipality as provided for under Section 18 of this code with particular attention to agro-industrial development and countryside growth and progress and relative thereto.
- Grant franchises, enact ordinances authorizing the issuance of permits or licenses, or enact ordinances levying taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the municipality.
- Regulate activities relative to the use of land, buildings and structures within the municipality in order to promote the general welfare and for said purpose.
- Approve ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the basic services and facilities as provided for under Section 17 of this code.
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Envisions for quality, innovative legislative system in attaining LGU-visions and missions.
Mission: To formulate and enact quality, responsive and competitive legislative measures towards local development and for the general welfare and the constituents.
- Enhance/Updated legislative policies and enact appropriate ordinances and resolutions for the general welfare of the constituents.