The human being came into existence not only by birth but also by recording the vital events of their life. Recording and registration of birth is a basic act, compulsory, continuing, and establishes identity. Giving everyone their first right: A NAME AND NATIONALITY that is a fundamental link to all other rights of a person.
These vital events such as births, deaths, marriages, and foundling when registered became public documents, the Certificate of Live Birth, Certificate of Marriage in the case of a married couple, Certificate of Death of our beloved relatives and friends, and the Certificate of Foundling serve as a proof of one’s identity, status, and a tool to individual development. It also generates data and statistics useful for planners and aid for legislation.
The Municipal Civil Registrar’s Office is responsible for the implementation of Civil Registration Programs and Projects of the Municipality.
|Head of Office||Contact Number||Citizen’s Charter|
|Ma. Leny B. Buenafe||09399101827||Download/View|
The office of the Municipal Civil Registrar of Alamada, Cotabato envisions achieving and attaining an accurate registration of vital events and providing the highest quality of service.
The Municipal Civil Registrar’s Office provides prompt services and accurate and quality civil registry documents.
The office of the municipal civil registrar shall be responsible for the civil registration program in the local government unit pursuant to the civil registry laws, the civil code, and other pertinent laws, rules and regulations issued to implement.
The Office shall continuously carry out the duties and responsibilities provided for in the pertinent laws, revised rules and regulations governing the application and enforcement of the civil registry law (act 3753), as incorporated in rule 5, administrative no. 1 series of 1993.
- It shall be responsible for the recording in appropriate registers, events that affect the civil status of individuals which are birth, marriage, death, annulment of marriage, declaration of void marriage, foundling, legal separation, legitimation, and judicial determination of filiations and emancipation of minors.
- The office is also responsible for the safe filing, keeping, and preserving in a secure place the registry books required by law.
- It shall issue certified true copies of any certificate or registered documents upon payment thereof of the prescribed fees.
- It shall transmit to the civil registrar-general within the prescribed period of time the duplicate copies of registered documents required by law. The civil registrar shall be responsible for the civil registration program in the local government unit concerned, pursuant to the civil registry law, the civil code, and other pertinent laws, rules and regulations issued to implement them. The civil registrar shall take charge of the office of the civil registry and shall:
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor, as the case maybe, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with civil registry programs and projects which the mayor is empowered to provide for under this code:
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the civil registrar shall:
- Accept all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons: file, keep, and preserve in a secure place the books required by law: transcribe and enter immediately upon receipt all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons in the appropriate civil registry books: transmit to the office of the civil registrar-general, within the prescribed period, duplicate copies of registered documents required by law;issue certified transcripts of copies any certificate or registered documents upon payment of the prescribed fees to the treasurer;
- Receive applications for the issuance of a marriage license and, after determining that the requirement and supporting certificates and publication thereof for the prescribed period have been complied with, issue the license upon payment of the prescribed fee to the treasurer;
- Coordinate with the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) in conducting educational campaigns for vital registration and assist in the preparation of demographic and other statistics for the local government unit concerned;
- Authority to correct clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname
- And exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Regular Programs and Projects
- Barangay Civil Registration Program
- Kasalan ng Bayan Program
- Institution/Reconstruction Information of CR Documents
Civil Registry Documents
- Certificate of Live Birth
- Certificate of Death
- Certificate of Marriage
- Certificate of Foundling
- Certificate of Conversion to Islam
- Approved Application for Marriage License
- Adoption/ Recission of Adoption
- Annulment of Marriage/ Declaration of absolute nullity of marriage/ legal separation/ court order setting aside the decree of legal separation
- Change of Name or correction of entry
- Civil Interdiction
- Declaration of presumptive death of the absent of spouse.judicial declaration of absence
- Compulsory recognition of illegitimate child.voluntary recognition of minor illegitimate child
- Appointment of guardian/termination of guardianship
- Judicial determination of affiliation
- Judicial determination of the fact of reappearance of an absence spouse, if disputed
- Naturalization Certificate/Cancellation of Naturalization Certificate
- Separation of property/Revival of former property regime
- Emancipation of orphaned minor
- Affidavit of reappearance
- Acquisition of Philippine Citizenship
- Authorization and ratification of artificial insemination
- Certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage
- Affidavit of Legitimation by the subsequent marriage of parents
- Option to elect Philippine Citizenship
- Partition and distributiion of properties of spouses and delivery of the chilren’s presumptive legitimacy
- Marriage settlements and any modification thereof
- Repatriation document with oath of allegiance
- Voluntary emancipation of minor
- Waiver of rights/interest of absolute community of property
Petitions Under the Provision of R.A. 9048
- Affirmed petition for Change of First Name
- Affirmed petition for Correction of Clerical Error/s